Thursday, November 6, 2008

halloween weekend

I went to San Francisco for Halloween weekend. I go to SF at least twice a year to visit my study abroad friends Jason, Emily, and Jen. I usually go in the beginning of March (for Jason and Em's bday) and in the beginning of November (for Jen's bday). It was weird to be there without Jen. It was fun but it just wasn't the same. This year we wanted to do a group costume because we think it is way more fun that way. We decided to recreate the Crayola crayon costume idea that originated in England that first summer we met. The first picture is the most recent version. The second picture is the original from July 2005. It rained the entire weekend which was kind of nice because I like the rain but also irritating because we couldn't go outside much. I get cabin fever if I sit around doing nothing for too long. I guess it forced me to relax which I really needed. Saturday night we saw Changeling which was the most disturbing movie ever. I hated it. If you like disturbing movies you would love it though. Sunday we went to the Academy of Sciences which was really fun. Here is a picture of me and Emily with stuffed zebras.
It took Jason about 5 tries to get us centered in the picture with the flash on and no random children running through the bottom :) Afterward we went to high tea at a cute tea shop in Ghirardelli Square. We try to get tea every time we get together. I got to the airport that evening to fly home and found that my 9pm flight was delayed until 1:30am!!! Luckily they let me run to the plane that was leaving at 8pm. I was able to check in, go through security, run to the gate, and exchange my ticket in about 10 minutes. I hate running through airports because it stresses me out but at least I made it and didn't have to wait until the wee hours of the morn to go home. It was a bittersweet weekend. Jen says we will have a makeup Halloween the next time I come up so we can all go out in our crayon costumes together.

No comments: